Children of Laos, Burma & Thailand

Melbourne Time

Thailand Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Thailand and Laos (and Myanmar if I can manage it)

Hello, Sawatdee kaa and Sabai dee,

My next trip will be Thailand and Laos, and this is all about the before, the trip and the after - similar to my Malaysia/Cambodia blog. I am putting together from start to finish - tickets, do's and don'ts, tours, where to stay, places to see, things to do, as well as useful extras like transport, good places to eat, what to wear, climate, tourist traps, tricks and tips and whatever else I can think of that will be useful.

If you have any tips or advice, please, feel free to leave a comment and add your bit - whatever you think may be helpful or interesting.
Cheers.


Thailand map


View Bangkok Thailand in a larger map

Playlist - My Travel Videos

Sunday, January 9, 2011

38. Accomodation Update - Luang Prabang

Have received an email confirming my reservation at Souk Lan Xang for three nights. The lady sounds very nice (I thought this when I read the first email last year) and the grounds look quite lovely. Price was a little more than I'd have liked - $30, that's American dollars but it comes with breakfast. I may prefer a more budget price but I'm not willing to stay in a dingy little cell with tatty sheets, grimy floors and and plumbing that looks like it belongs in the 19th century.


Above: Souk Lan Xang
Looks like a nice, friendly place to stay. Photos above are taken from the website.

Below is a map showing location
Above: Guesthouse is marked with an "X"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...