Children of Laos, Burma & Thailand

Melbourne Time

Thailand Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Thailand and Laos (and Myanmar if I can manage it)

Hello, Sawatdee kaa and Sabai dee,

My next trip will be Thailand and Laos, and this is all about the before, the trip and the after - similar to my Malaysia/Cambodia blog. I am putting together from start to finish - tickets, do's and don'ts, tours, where to stay, places to see, things to do, as well as useful extras like transport, good places to eat, what to wear, climate, tourist traps, tricks and tips and whatever else I can think of that will be useful.

If you have any tips or advice, please, feel free to leave a comment and add your bit - whatever you think may be helpful or interesting.
Cheers.


Thailand map


View Bangkok Thailand in a larger map

Playlist - My Travel Videos

Friday, January 7, 2011

36. Kanchanaburi Accommodation - Booked

Well now, after a long time trying to make a decision about where to stay in Kanchanaburi, I finally did it and made a booking. So that's another place sorted. It was a toss-up between two places - I had been planning on staying at Pong Phen GH, but after reading so many mixed reviews and putting it all into perspective, I went for PLOY GH.  Their website doesn't seem to be working at the moment so it's sort of 'stuck' on one page. I do think the other one (Pong Phen) would be more lively and has perhaps more going on as far as noise and meeting other travellers, but the PLOY seems to have more satisfied customers.


I decided to go for the Category 1 - Garden Building A which has a fridge and is the one storey concrete building facing the private garden with the - get this! - the outdoor shower. I rather like the novelty of the outdoor shower which is only available if you stay in this building. The double storey building opposite charge 50 baht less for the downstairs rooms but what the heck - it's only 50 baht which in the scheme of things isn't all that big a price difference and this way I have a fridge in the room as well which might come in handy of I buy fruit or something.

Finding a street map
This isn't easy as the ones I found cover Kanchanaburi province when what I wanted was a street map of Kanchanaburi, the town. With this in mind, I've had to resort to using a Google map which is below.

View Kanchanaburi in a larger map
Above: Location of PLOY GH

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...