Children of Laos, Burma & Thailand

Melbourne Time

Thailand Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Thailand and Laos (and Myanmar if I can manage it)

Hello, Sawatdee kaa and Sabai dee,

My next trip will be Thailand and Laos, and this is all about the before, the trip and the after - similar to my Malaysia/Cambodia blog. I am putting together from start to finish - tickets, do's and don'ts, tours, where to stay, places to see, things to do, as well as useful extras like transport, good places to eat, what to wear, climate, tourist traps, tricks and tips and whatever else I can think of that will be useful.

If you have any tips or advice, please, feel free to leave a comment and add your bit - whatever you think may be helpful or interesting.
Cheers.


Thailand map


View Bangkok Thailand in a larger map

Playlist - My Travel Videos

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

18. Nagi of Mekong

Well, I've just booked my seat on the Nagi of Mekong and had an email confirming my booking.
Sailing down the Mekong to Luang Prabang is something I really want to do. You can go on the ordinary "public" longboats which I suppose the majority of backpackers do and it's a lot cheaper. Around $30, but it's not very comfortable. Hard, wooden seats, no food or drink, and when you get to Pak Ben you have to arrange your accommodation etc.

With the Nagi, it's more like a cruise and you get taken care of. Nice, soft cushioned seats, tea/coffee and fresh fruits, two hot lunches and your accommodation at Pak Ben. Plus, you get to stop off at one or two villages and you also get to do a tour of the Pak Ou cave. Cost is $158 twin share and $178 for single. True it's more expensive, but I think I'll enjoy this so much more.

2 comments:

Flo de Sendai said...

You're lucky to go for such a beautiful trip !

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

I think I am too.I shall enjoy very much being on the boat - much nicer than travelling in a bus. Laos looks an amazing country.
Cheers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...