Children of Laos, Burma & Thailand

Melbourne Time

Thailand Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Thailand and Laos (and Myanmar if I can manage it)

Hello, Sawatdee kaa and Sabai dee,

My next trip will be Thailand and Laos, and this is all about the before, the trip and the after - similar to my Malaysia/Cambodia blog. I am putting together from start to finish - tickets, do's and don'ts, tours, where to stay, places to see, things to do, as well as useful extras like transport, good places to eat, what to wear, climate, tourist traps, tricks and tips and whatever else I can think of that will be useful.

If you have any tips or advice, please, feel free to leave a comment and add your bit - whatever you think may be helpful or interesting.
Cheers.


Thailand map


View Bangkok Thailand in a larger map

Playlist - My Travel Videos

Thursday, August 5, 2010

16. Chiang Mai Thai House

The fourth accommodation place I'm looking at in Chiang Mai is Chiang Mai Thai House which according to the website, is in a quiet lane between the main city gate and the night bazaar area and is more "boutique style". It also has a pool.

 
Above: Chiang Mai Thai House

Price:
a) 700 Baht - $24.29 per night for double room with air con.
b) 950 Baht - $32.95 per night for deluxe room with private garden.

They also offer a number of tours plus transfers to your next destination as well as transport to Laos including the slow boat to Luang Prabang.

To lift or not to lift?
From what I can see, I don't think any of these guesthouses have lifts. This one has what looks like four floors and I can't risk getting a room anything above first floor. (Bad knees - arthritis). Although their rooms with private garden could be ground floor.
The alternative is to go for a more expensive property that does have lifts, but then I'd probably be paying a much higher price which would be way outside my budget. With this in mind, I think I'll go for the cheaper one(s) which have only ground floor and first floor.
Alternately, I could email them for information and ask about the viability of getting a room on the first floor. Something to think about anyway.

 
Above: Location map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...